Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Five: 9/26

Questions from here.

1. Who is your favorite author?

It's hard to pick one, but I'm going to have to go with the classic Jane Austen. I haven't read all her books, but I do love Pride & Prejudice, Emma, and Sense & Sensibility.

2. What is your favorite book/series?

Besides to my favorite Jane Austen books, I confess that I love Harry Potter. I've read the series countless times and am thinking about reading it again soon since I'd finally be able to read all seven books straight through.

3. Who is a book hero you most wish to be like?

This is SO HARD! [That's what she said.] I'm currently reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory, so that's freshest in my mind, but I don't want to be like anyone in that book. I've always felt an affinity with Elizabeth Bennet from P&P, so I pick her.

4. Who is a book character that you envy?

This question is suspiciously similar to number 3. I suppose I envy Hermione Granger because she's brainy and can do magic.

5. Which book do you wished you lived in?

I don't really want to live in any particular book, but I would love to be able to visit a few. One that comes to mind is Sarum by Edward Rutherford. I'd love to go back thousands of years ago in England and see what early civilization was like. I'd have to be able to take my modern consciousness with me and be able to come back, of course.


Sorry if this was a bit boring. I couldn't really get into the questions as much as I would have liked. Another excuse: my mind is a bit foggy because I'm currently under the influence of Benedryl. Some kind of bug bit me on both my ankles last week when Erich and I went out for our anniversary. On Tuesday my little red bumps turned into giant, itchy, swollen red welts. I'm still trying to decide which is worse: the drowse of Benedryl or the insatiable hunger and resulting weight gain I'd get from the steroids my doctor would prescribe me. So far the Benedryl's not doing much. Hmmmm.....

No comments: