Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Five: 7/31

1. How often do you clean your home?

Embarrassingly seldom. I vacuum up to once a week in the main rooms, and I clean the bathroom when it starts to disgust me. Same with dusting. Everything else is kind of seasonal.

2. What domestic chore do you hate?

Cleaning the bathroom and laundry. Erich is really good at laundry and always impresses me with his folding skills.

3. What domestic chore do you enjoy?

I have always like vacuuming, and I especially enjoy it since we splurged on a Dyson after we got married. It can make even the horrible carpet in our new house look not-super-bad.

4. Do you own a washing machine or go to the laundrette?

I have never lived in a place that didn't have its own washer/dryer, with the exception of my dorms in college, when the worst I had to do was drag it down to the basement of the building. But I saved a lot of my laundry for when I was home anyway.

5. Do you iron underpants and/or bed sheets?

Never have, never will. I probably iron less than once a year, and when I do it's one unavoidable item. That's what dryers and wrinkle-releasing sprays are for.

No comments: