- The Gospel.
- Namely, the retention of the Gospel message as clearly defined in scripture.
- The Law also--a proper understanding of Law and Gospel.
- Sola Fide, Sola Gratia, Sola Scriptura. As in, we are saved by faith alone through grace alone, and this truth is found in scripture alone. Tradition is good and reliable, too--as long as it does not contradict scripture.
The Reformation is NOT all about:
- Sticking it to the man because that's what Luther did. (That's not exactly true.)
- Changing things, rebelling against the status quo.
- Beer and brats. (Though we do really like these things.)
- Halloween. (It's just a coincidence.)