Friday, November 9, 2007

Tagged Again!

From Cheryl again. I love being tagged:

Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It's more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one course from the person who tagged you that you'd also like to take. Tag five.

I can think of so many, so I'll pick the first 5-10 I think of!

1. Economics. Ever since I spent a semester in Germany where I contemplated globalization, I've been very fascinated in economics. An intro class would help me understand if I really like it beyond the ideas. (In other words, it may involve too much actual math for my taste.)

2. French. I took four years in high school and three semesters in college, but a lot of it has already flown out of my brain. I would love to join some kind of conversation club with vocab reviews to keep my French alive.

3. Piano pedagogy. I'd like to supplement my teaching experience with actual teacher training. Also, sometimes I think it would just be nice to start over and re-learn piano to fix my technique and realize my potential as a performer. That will probably never happen. But if someone ever hands me a million dollars, I'd want to make sure that's in the budget.

4. On the music vein, musicology. I've always been super fascinated by music history, especially early music, as in J.S. Bach and earlier. If I had all the academic time in the world, I'd become a total musicology geek.

5. Basic accounting. There's got to be better ways to keep track of finances than how I do it.

6. Cooking. I'd like to learn a little more about the basic sciences of food to hone my cooking skills.

7. I'd take that sewing class with Cheryl. I used to sew for fun in high school, but it was always straight lines and never from a pattern, and it would be fun to be able to make real clothes.


Seven is good. I could probably come up with ten more that would be really fun, such as knitting and photography, but I'm not sure if those would actually "fix my life."

And now for tagging: pianomomsicle, Anne, and whoever else reads this and wants to join in the fun!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Perhaps you could also take this tiny exam (heh heh...):
http://www.blogthings.com/whosyourinnereuropeanquiz/

(Thanks, Cheryl, for your post on this!)