Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Five: 10/10

For the second week in a row, the Friday Five questions are really stupid, so I decided to dig through the archives for a better set. Here we go...

1. Do you ever wonder if the way you see things visually aren't how other people see them?

I used to wonder that when I was about 13. Like, what if my yellow was someone else's green? If I borrowed someone else's eyes, would colors be flip flopped? Dark would be light, etc.? I don't wonder that any more. I think everything is what it is. However, I do have a red/green deficiency, so when some people see a dark hunter green, I often see brownish greyish blackish color. It's not really a big deal.

2. What kind of sounds are the most annoying?

The ones that no one else can hear, but I can because my ears are so sensitive. The other day I was at Kohl's and some lady was pushing around a cart, that SQUEAKED... CONSTANTLY. And she seemed to be following me around the store. I was with my mom, who could hear it when it was close, but not when it was farther away. I heard it everywhere. That is very annoying.

3. When walking through a store, do you shop with your hands by touching/feeling the texture of things?

Yes, I must admit I do, especially with clothes. I try to touch only if it's something I think I might try on. If it's too scratchy or thin or just the wrong texture, I won't bother.

4. If you could only smell three scents for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Erich in the morning after a shave, outside air in the autumn with freshly fallen leaves, and roast beef in the oven.

5. What sorts of things do you savor when eating them?


Generally food items. You know, if I find myself munching on chalk or something, I usually don't savor that. (j/k--no, I do not suffer from Pica.) I am most likely to slowly chew and let soak into my tongue a gourmet meal, something that either cost a lot of money or was obviously something very well prepared and deserves to be savored. I'm trying to work on savoring all my food and not eat mindlessly.

No comments: