Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It Worked!

Get back up off the floor. Yes, I know I'm blogging for the second time this month after two months off. It's okay!

Anyway, my problem from last week seems to have been resolved. For a few days, I really fretted because I hadn't heard back from the mom. Then, sometime over the weekend, I decided to stop expending emotional energy on the whole deal. By today, I figured she either didn't get the email or read it and didn't have a major problem with it. We've never had awkward situations like this before, and even though I would do many things differently than she does, I think we're both interested in keeping the peace. Despite the respect issue, she is pretty supportive in general.

Without any hard proof, it seems like the latter was the case: email read, no problem. Today, she had the complete stack of books. We had pleasant interactions, and things just felt like they were back on track with me in charge of what gets taught. It's hard to describe, but the feeling was palpable. Everything's going to be okay, and I don't think I have to worry about losing these students. There was even a rare appearance from the dad, who thanked me for everything I do. Well! Thank you!

So, I'm in a good mood now, and rather proud of myself for standing my ground. If I had stewed a few more days, I probably would have just dropped it and tried to move on in my inferior position. But this way is much better. :)

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Good job, Mrs. Keller!