Cuz it's fun, that's why!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Had a baby!
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I wanted to get in shape for real, and I did, sort of. Right around September, I had some real muscles. Then I stopped exercising for many reasons and lost even more weight and have decided that I'm doing well with eating when I'm hungry, stopping when I'm full, and chasing a toddler.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
MEEEEE! Also, my SIL, Erin!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I don't recall that we went anywhere more exotic than Indiana. Wow.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A home free from dust? I really don't have a big wish list. We're having affordable home improvements done, which was my wish last year. We are blessed.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
January 8th, the best and worst.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Kept my kid alive. I'm proud that I've been able to breastfeed her whole life and have been saving money by cloth diapering.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I suffered from good patient syndrome at the end of my pregnancy which blah blah blah blah blah.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
One sinus infection. Nothing horrible.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Anything that kept my family fed, clothed and clean in a practical way. So many baby items are great and indispensible, so I couldn't pick just one.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Erich for his excellent support. I just love that guy.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
People who criticize other people's parenting choices for stupid reasons. I hate Mommy Wars, and I hate getting drawn into them even more.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The house and the kid.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having a baby. Erich's days off. Galena weekend. Christmastime.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Anything performed by the cast of Glee.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? THINNER!!! THINNER THINNER THINNER!
iii. richer or poorer? same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastination. That has always been true. (Keeping the exact same answer from last year.)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve: Erich played trumpet for 7:15pm church, Lily refused to stay asleep and so hung out with my dad while the rest of us went to 11pm church with me playing organ and Erich and I sang in choir.
Christmas Day: Played organ and sang for 9am church, hung out with parents the rest of the day. Lily opened her "Santa" presents and we watched movies.
Second Day of Christmas: Big party with my side of the family after playing organ for three services. Lots of food, presents, and fun.
Third-Eigth Days of Christmas: Visiting Keller side in IN. It was at times relaxing and chaotic but always nice.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yeah, I really love that little girl who came into my life.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Lost was great. We still like Community, 30Rock, Office, Outsourced has been fun. I have a big new soft spot for Glee.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
The obstetrics establishment.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Time-Traveller's Wife. So good!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Mostly musical shows on TV, like Glee and The Sing-Off.
28. What did you want and get?
New flooring on the main floor. I was so glad the carpet was gone, it took me a while to be thrilled that the hardwood looks good.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter #7, Part 1. One of the only movies I saw in the theater.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Erich and I went on a rare date to a Spanish restaurant. I turned 27.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I have no idea.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
My personal fashion concepts are always so practical. In the past I've attempted to hide the fat and then look as good as possible while pregnant. This year looking decent, hiding fat, and being able to nurse easily and modestly were the driving forces.
34. What kept you sane?
Usually my mom, who would provide and extra pair of arms to deal with a baby.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Maybe I've finally grown up or something, but I have almost no connection to celebrity pop culture these days, and I don't miss it.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Birth rights and breastfeeding rights. Feminist stuff, actually, minus the abortion stuff.
37. Who did you miss?
All the family and friends I don't get to see often enough.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
One very important aspect of parenting can be boiled down to constant risk assessment.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your whole year:
Pick a lullaby, any lullaby.