Thursday, September 13, 2007

Believable? Perhaps

I've been really, really busy! Ah, but you already knew that. Must keep blog fresh. So I'll stick to updates.

Monday: Was going along okay, had Agape, then some students, then I went to the Plex to try to get some computer-related thing to work so I could print out a list of people so I could start the seating chart, and it just. Wouldn't. Work. And then I had a voice mail from someone who was at Bethany while I was at a student's house wondering why I wasn't there because she thought we had a lesson. I listened to this twenty minutes before I had to be back to Bethany for an actual scheduled lesson. But said lesson did not take place because I indulged myself in a bit of a meltdown. I saw no other choice than to give into my desire to sob uncontrollably: Erich was gone for another week, the wedding was in less than two weeks, and I had to make good use of every free hour. And that wasn't happening. I looked forward and saw the possibility of doom, and it was very scary. Luckily, the student's mom was very understanding and rescheduled for the next day (I'm sure I sounded very meltdown-y on the phone). Then I needed Erich to help me out of my pit of despair and remind me that the wedding would not be a disaster. He was excellent and put off dinner to get my computer problem to work (why can't a simple mail merge be simple? Whyyyyyy?), though he did sound a bit frightened of me. Can't blame him.

And Monday's story ends happily, because with my mom's help and then Erich's over the phone, I finished the seating chart! (Of course, some of it now has to be redone because to some people "The favor of a reply is requested by August 23" means nothing. But that's okay because there is still enough time.) So, hooray.

Tuesday: After a stupid morning where I got the feeling both my mother and I were trying to walk through two feet of slime, we finally made it out of the house with my reception dress and undergarments and drove to Oak Park, where sister Anne's mother-in-law, Jan, was at Anne and Jed's place with her new puppy and... end of sentence. Okay, that got too long. Point=Jan is making a few slight but necessary alterations to my dress. She rocks. The four of us went out to lunch, which was very nice. Then my mom and I went back to Naperville (with my veil, which Anne made pretty) in time for me to go teach for three and a half hours, followed by the most boring (but quick) church voters meeting I've ever been too. And believe me, when it comes to church meetings, boring means good because contention amongst a church body depresses one as nothing else can. Tuesday night, Erich and I hammered out the little details of the reception, which felt really good to get done.

Wednesday: Played for school chapel, met with Phil re: October and stuff, did some work for Agape then taught, then I vegged at the Plex for a while before going shopping with my mom at Carson's which is having a Goodwill Sale right now, which is really great because I got one item 20% off which would never go on sale, and a few other things I needed such as sunglasses, because, hellooo, I'm going to Hawaii. And then I got to hang out with Erin and Alayna, which is always super fun. (Her new thing: "Look! A nano [piano]!" or "Oh, look! A puzzle!" for example. Very cute, as always.) Wednesday was a good day.

Today: More shopping! First we (Mom and I) went to the new Ulta in downtown Naperville. I love this Ulta because in the regular cosmetics (like Revlon, L'Oreal, Maybelline, etc.), the items are displayed according to type, not brand. So I merely had to look in the mascara section for waterproof mascara (guess what for) instead of trudging between the different brands to compare. So I filled all of my cosmetic needs, and then we went to Target and got fun things like snacks for the limo ride, and goodies for the welcome bags for people who are staying at the Hilton.

Then I taught. And today is Thursday, which means I was in people's homes. And I am overjoyed to report that my new streamlined Thursdays (without SORM) are so much easier now! And the best part was when I went to the second house, of little adorable five-year-old Grace, and there was a wedding gift on the coffee table! They were so kind and thoughtful to get me and Erich an egg cooker and some cutting boards we registered for. And Grace wrote the card. It's times like these I feel so blessed to have these relationships with genuinely kind people. :)

Then was choir rehearsal. I love singing. And the choir is going to sound so good on the wedding day! Yay.

Tomorrow: I'm going to order my bridesmaid dress for Sarah's wedding. (I really am, Sarah, I have an appointment and everything!) And then I have my practice hair style for the wedding in the afternoon! I'm so pleased that my mom and I have gotten so much shopping done already this week and we don't have to squeeze it all in tomorrow. Erich's finally coming home tomorrow! :) And his plane lands at 10:45pm. :( But, contrary to Monday afternoon's forecast, the wedding will not be a disaster! :) In fact, I think it will be pretty darn fantastic!

I originally meant for this to be a short post reporting how many hours remained until the ceremony. But then I just kept typing. And then I realized that my math is bad (hence, the whole music teacher thing) and the number of hours I was going to report was wrong. But now I've checked myself and now, at 12:38am on September 14, I am getting married in 215 hours and 22 minutes.

P.S.: The first time I referred to the wedding day as "a week from Saturday" was a bit freaky, truth be told.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thank you for ordering your dress! You were the first, so you receive the awesome prize. I can't wait to see you a week from today :0