I've been tagged! I feel so honored! By Cheryl in this post. And then I saw that jessica did the same meme in this post, so it must be making its way around the blog circuit.
Seven true things about me:
1. I'm a clutterbug. It's a disease, inherited primarily from my mother. But on the other hand, nothing makes me feel calm and content like a tidy living space, which is an echo of my father's genes. I often feel like I embody many differences between my parents, which makes me feel like I have a dual nature. I'm a clutterbug who likes things clean; I'm a procrastinator who likes to get tasks completed early; I'm weird.
2. Speaking of diseases inherited from my parents, I have acquired two new risk factors for heart disease in this year alone. First, my mom had a heart attack in January. She eats quite healthfully and exercises regularly, so it can't be explained by lifestyle alone. I will have to have my cholesterol checked as soon as I have health insurance. Second, my dad was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I feel blessed that I know about these risk factors already and that both my parents are still otherwise healthy and in control of their conditions.
3. I've always wanted to be a mom. It's the only job I've never not wanted since I was little. No, this is not an announcement; I only just got married! ;)
4. I like spending time alone. Erich was out of town this past week, and while I missed him, it's nice to have time to myself every now and then.
5. I believe that J.S. Bach wrote the most beautiful music that has ever been written.
6. I'm very picky when it comes to character, which makes me less than stellar at making friends, and ensured that I never had a boyfriend before Erich.
7. I'm a compulsive eater.
I'm supposed to tag seven people, but I don't know seven bloggers, so I'll tag Anne, because she just started a personal blog, and Erin, who hasn't blogged in way too long--so long, in fact, her blog may not still exist. Make a new one, Erin! Also, Tim has a blog that he doesn't post in any more. Go! Tag, you're it!