Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Big Two-five

I'm officially old.

Oh, whatever, j/k, I've been saying that for the last five years. Every year I get oldER. And that's no longer exciting! 25 doesn't feel much different from 21, and I'm no longer wishing away the years.

The weeks and months, sometimes, I wish away, but not years.

24 was a big year for me. Got married, went to Hawaii and Spain, got pregnant, had a miscarriage. What will 25 bring? Good things and bad, undoubtedly. Only time will tell how much of each. There are lots of things I hope will happen by the time I turn 26, not the least of which is learning patience and the realization that 26 is not that old.

So what am I doing today besides sifting through Facebook notifications and a choir concert tonight? Nothing, it's just Wednesday. Erich is out of town. Blah.

Happy birthday to meeeeeeeeee.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Well, look at it this way: it's your last opportunity for nine years to have your age be a perfect square!

Susan K said...

I like this. I'm a perfect square! (I can be almost as cool as my husband, who is excited to be 3-cubed this year!)