Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Five: 11/7

Another Friday Five taken from the archives. Yay, blog fodder!

1. What type of hair do you have? (Thin, Normal, Thick, Frizzy, etc.)

I would call it "normal." Right now it's kind of split-endy and in need of a trim.

2. What color is your hair currently?

I've heard myself called a redhead a few times recently. This makes me uncomfortable because I just don't see myself as a redhead. But, since Clairol Natural Instincts "Mahogany" turned out to be quite red for the first week or two, I guess I'm kind of a redhead. I've been searching for the perfect store-bought dark brown coppery shade, and I think I'm closing in on it. I have come away from the salon with really good hair color, but that's too expensive to do all the time.

3. What colors have you dyed/highlighted your hair?

My natural color is a blondish ashy light brown. In high school I got honey blonde highlights around sophomore and junior year. I let that grow out from senior year through most of college. Then I got the itch to do more with my hair. Junior year of college I had a long perm, which was kind of cute sometimes, but I'll probably never do that again. Then senior year I had a revelation: what if I dye my hair darker?? OMG that could be so cute! And alas, ever since then I've always had a hair color that is to some degree darker and redder than my natural color.

4. If you could dye your hair any color, what would it be?

Well, I think I've covered what color I actually want my hair to be. But if it weren't for my skin tone (yellow undertones), I'd try shades that would, in reality, look really awful on me. Like platinum or strawberry blonde, or jet black. Maybe I should just experiment with wigs.

5. What is your hair's length?

LONG for me. I've been growing it out since just over a year before the wedding, so over two years now, and it's now halfway down my back. Did I mention I need a trim? Sometimes the length is annoying, but I like it. It helps my face not look so round. :)

No comments: