Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Five: 3/27/09

1. Would you return to high school life for a week? Why or why not?

I'm going to answer this question first by not answering it. I have had several dreams in the past year or so that I'm back in high school. Only, unlike in high school, I have a car, I drive to school, and I've already finished high school. Usually I'm thinking, "Gee, this will be a breeze since I've done all this before!" But then I'm inexplicably late, I can't figure out/find my schedule, and then I realize this all stupid because high school is OVER. So I give/wake up.

I would return to high school life for a week because I like memories and it would be fun to temporarily transport myself to a different time of life.

2. Who were you in high school?

A younger, thinner, blonder, less mature version of me. Shy, kind of a loner.

3. What was your favorite high school hangout? What did you do there?

My friends and I went to the Barnes & Noble in downtown Naperville all the time. We would usually listen to music and find all kinds of stuff to look at.

4. What were your favorite three songs in high school?

My favorite Broadway shows to listen to were Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera, and Miss Saigon, followed by Jekyll & Hyde in a close fourth. I was into shows and hadn't really realized that I wasn't defined by the music I listened to and therefore could casually listen to the radio.

5. What was the craziest thing you did in high school?

Probably silly downtown hijinks. I don't know--I wasn't very crazy by usual teen standards.

No comments: