Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Almost-Our House, Part 3: The Downstairs

Time to go down to the basement!

The open, turning staircase is rather inviting.

At the landing, we can see a glimpse of the casual living space.

Now down the stairs, we have a good view of the fireplace.

Now I'm standing on the fireplace facing the stairs. The back of the house is to my right. You can see that the bathroom light is on to the right of this bookcase.

Now I'm standing on the fireplace in the corner.

Now I've turned toward the left. You can see the extensive family room with a wetbar at the end and an opening to the laundry room. The berber carpet is relatively new and the drywall ceiling has recessed lighting. Unfortunately, not all the wall are drywall. That will be a fun project for later! Let us now visit the least-glamorous room in the house. The laundry room!

Here's a view from the doorway. Good, spacious and finished laundry room!

This is standing by the washer and turned right. There's a hanging bar! I haven't had that since I moved out of my parents' house. Hooray! Just barely off the right edge of the photo, there's a folding door that hides the water heater and furnace.

Close to the laundry room door, another folding door opens to unfinished storage space under the stairs. The water heater and furnace are behind me in this photo.

Now I'm standing by the wet bar, facing the back of the house. Those window treatments will be gone even faster than the paneling.

Blinds open, this is the back door. The window on the left is the third bedroom.

I've turned to the left. The sliding glass door is to my right, the fireplace is behind me. The left doorway is to the bathroom, the right is to the third bedroom.

A peak in the bathroom reveals a shower, a toilet and a vanity which is larger and apparently newer than the one upstairs. Oh, and wallpaper. Its removal is not urgent, but it will happen sooner or later.

And here is the view from the door of the third bedroom. It really doesn't feel like a basement bedroom, and that's nice.

And here's a view from the inside, looking out the windows.

And that's pretty much it!


No comments: