Monday, September 22, 2008

Anniversary

Look at those smiling faces. One year ago today, these two young people walked away from the altar, newly wedded, ready to face the world.

We have faced a lot in the last year. Two big trips, setting up a household, living on a budget, setting goals for the future, pregnancy, miscarriage, fertility issues, surgeries, car repairs, in-laws, and lots of laughter and tears.

I think we have good reason to hope that our marriage in the first year is a good indication of what it will be like in the long haul. We've made it this far unscathed, so I am content. Despite the hardships we've faced this year, I can't imagine a better life. The important thing is that we've faced everything together, and that "together" part will never change.

So, thank you, Erich, for being such a wonderful husband and the man of my dreams!

Lastly, I pondered last year during the two-week wedding hangover, a.k.a. our Hawai'ian honeymoon, whether I would ever post about our wedding. As I discovered with other things, I can't take the pressure of attempting to blog about something for which I have hundreds of pictures on my hard drive in a single post. That is why, now that I'm finally done posting about Hawai'i, I've decided to start a new series called "Wedding Memories," so I can put at least some of the 1500 professional digital pictures on my computer to good use.

3 comments:

EG said...

Holy crap! A year!

Happy Anniversary and many many more to come. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What a nice picture. And I know what you mean about having a ton of wedding pics...I "only" have 900 on my computer, but still cannot figure out what to do with them all.

Hannah said...

Congrats, Unterkantor! Wish I were back at church to celebrate it with you. I can hardly believe it's been a year! And we sang for your wedding too!