Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hawai'i, Part 9: Leftovers (Honolulu)

This is, by my calculation, the last Hawai'i post! How bittersweet.

On one of our last days, Erich and I went into Honolulu. We went to the Iolani Palace, another museum I don't remember the name of, and just walked around the city. I didn't take a lot of pictures, as the city really isn't very exciting. But I do remember how weird it felt to be walking around a large US city, population 900,000, that just happens to be in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Weird.

Princess Ka'iulani

Check out these trees! I don't know what they're called, but they're awesome!


Hawai'i State Capitol. There was inexpensive parking under here.

Our brush with Lost fame!! We parked next to a space that was reserved for LOST the next day.

Check out this site and scroll down. Lost fans, remember that scene, when Jack and Kate were coming out of the courthouse? That's the State Capitol parking garage! We were there! We're famous!



No comments: