Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wedding Memories: Make-up

My hair appointment was at 9am. I didn't sleep well the night before. Had a little bit more beer than I had planned, stayed up a little bit later than I'd planned. But I had failed to realize how great it would be to have all our best college friends in town! So I don't regret any of that.

But I was very tired sitting in that chair while my hair was sprayed and back-combed to within an inch of its life. A single bobby pin doesn't weigh very much, but over fifty of them stuck into my head really started to weigh me down. And the day was only just beginning!

When I got back home to my parents' house, it was time to apply the make-up. I thought about doing false eyelashes, but I just didn't have time to follow through on that idea. Instead, I applied several coats of heavy-duty mascara.



One eye done! Melissa did make-up in the same bathroom as me.


My mom and sisters Anne and Erin got ready in the other bathroom.





Hmmm. Another unforeseen minor difficulty. I failed to make a list of the things I needed at the hotel that night! Add the chaos of the house and the self-consciousness from having two photographers roaming around, and I wasted a few precious minutes standing around like this:


No time for that, though! Must force-feed myself Jimmy John's, though who can think of eating on a day like this?




No comments: